Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Safe Haven

Katie runs away from her abuse husband and ends up in North Carolina. She starts a new life for herself by getting a job, renting a small cottage, and blending in. she meets Alex, a single dad with two kids. The romance develops slowly at first because she visits his store every week to buy groceries. On a whim one day she is invited to go to the beach with his family. Then the actively start seeing each other and also the encouragement of her friend Jo. Katie starts to feel happy but is still scared and haunted by thinking that her husband will find her. In the meantime up in Boston her husband is actively and desperately tying to find her. This reminded me of the Longest Ride and I enjoyed when Sparks flashed back to what happened in the relationship, how she got away, and inside the mind of her husband. Her husband eventually tracks her down and sets Alex's store and house on fire. She rescues the kids and tells them to run as she fights off her husband. After Alex rescues her she shoots her husband in the stomach and he dies. They then live happily ever after and she is finally safe.
     This was the most horrific Sparks I have ever read but I really enjoyed it. It amazes me how he always makes one of his characters a psycho. I mean lighting a house and store on fire with his wife and two kids inside really? Also how the husband wanted to find her so bad so he could love her and beat her. This book inspired me to know that people can get out of bad situations and get into a better one. We all want someone to be our Safe Haven, someone to trust completely with our hearts that won't hurt us. I loved the movie but they changed some things which I actually kinda liked better.







No comments:

Post a Comment