Sunday, August 5, 2018

The Last Coon Hunter

This book was written by Joe Crance who I know personally because he is in my writer's group. If I didn't know him personally I probably would not have read this book. But it was very good. It was about coon hunting but it was also about the Ernst family and their relationships. Jacob Ernest has 2 sons Nathan and Mead. They have grown up living on a farm learning about coon hunting. They also learn about the legends of Painted Post NY. Jacob instilled great values in his sons. Their mom died when they were really young. But their lives are turned upside down when the drug trade comes to town to seek revenge on the Ernst family.
     I will not reveal much more than that because it's a very exciting book and I don't want to ruin it for anyone. I really loved how the author gave life his animal characters human characteristics. He writes very eloquently and I think anyone who reads this book will fall in love with the story just like I did.









No comments:

Post a Comment