Sunday, May 3, 2020

Enough: Silencing the Lies That Steal Your Confidence

This book was about the voices in your head that tell you that you're not good enough, smart enough, pretty enough...or just not enough, period. This mental game makes you lose faith and confidence. This book has two parts. Part 1: The Battle for Your Thought Life. Part 2: The Lies Women Tell Themselves.
    Part one talked about how to recognize the lies, reject the lies, and replace the lies with truth. Part two talked about the 10 lies women tell themselves.
1) I'm not good enough.
2) I'm worthless.
3) I'm such a failure.
4) I'm so ugly.
5) I would be happy if.
6) I can't forgive myself.
7) I can't forgive the person who hurt me.
8) My life is hopeless.
9) I can't help myself.
10) God doesn't really love me.
    This was an excellent book. My favorite part was replacing the lies with the truth reference guide. It took each of the lies and provided verses that go along with it and added more as well. It is really helpful. I also meet the author personally at an event I attended based on this event. I highly recommend this to everyone, not just women.








No comments:

Post a Comment