Saturday, May 12, 2018

RoseBlood

This was a Phantom of the Opera spin-off. Rune moves to Paris, France to study music at the music school that is in the opera house where the famous phantom terrorized everyone. As soon as she arrives strange things happen. She finds a way to train her voice and make friends. The Phantom takes her prisoner and the Phantom's son Thorn develop a world win romance. What I liked about this story is not only is it written by one of my favorite authors but she followed the phantom story pretty well and added some new twist. It's kinda strange but it's good. But I would recommend being familiar with the Phantom of the Opera story before reading it. You will enjoy the story a lot more. She also explained some things about the movie that I didn't understand like keep your hand at the level of your eyes. This was said a lot in the movie and it means that back in the old times you had to keep up your arms by your face as an attack protection to prevent someone from taking you hostage or restraining you. The only thing that bothered me was what was the phantom doing all those years in between the original book and the sequel. Especially with the Christine aspect. She reveals some things about that too but I am not going to spoil it for Phantom of the Opera lovers like me. So you will just have to read it to find out.








No comments:

Post a Comment